Over the last week we've talked about the best bodyweight exercises, how to build muscle, how to make running therapeutic, how to reach your goals using friends to motivate you, and the importance of rest and recovery when it's all said and done. Many of those posts have links to other informative articles to help you live a longer, healthier life. This is the complete package! You have everything you need to take on 2023.
The purpose of this post is to provide you with a super short, extremely effective checklist that you can follow for the rest of the year. I promise that if you do check these boxes off weekly, you WILL be a better, healthier version of yourself! Have fun with this, and if you're lucky you'll fall in love with the process. When that happens, you're set for life.
Your 2023 Checklist:
- Contact a friend (or friends) to act as your accountability partner for the year. Make sure this person is someone you wouldn't want to disappoint and that they will hold you accountable! It's easy to skip the gym when you're alone, but it's just rude to ditch when you've agreed to meet someone there. This is a 2-way relationship, so make sure that you're holding them accountable as well!
- Perform bodyweight or resistance training exercises at least 2-3 times per week. Both can be extremely effective and will help you build muscle!
- Perform cardio exercises at least 2-3 times per week. If you want to live longer, you won't skip this.
- Eat more protein, because you probably haven't been eating enough! This ensures you're getting the most benefit from your exercise.
- Take 1-2 days per week to rest and recover. Walk the dog, read a book, stretch, and spend quality time with friends and family, etc... This is important.
That's it. 5 simple steps. All you have to do is commit, and I promise you won't regret it. Good luck!